Cause of the Quarter
Our Cause of the Quarter for Q1 is the Central Texas Food Bank!
The seemingly never-ending pandemic coupled with Austin's growth over the last few years have significantly increased food insecurity for many local Austinites and Central Texas residents. The Central Texas Food Bank has done an incredible job supporting our community, but they need our support more than ever! While we know circumstances may be challenging for our members at this time, we hope that you will consider supporting a cause that is so close to our home. In these uncertain times, all contributions are appreciated and aid in our ability to continue the philanthropic spirit in which our organization is built.
A donation of just $10 can provide 40 meals worth of food and with their system, they can often supply more food with the same amount of money you would spend at a grocery store picking up canned and dry items to donate, so we strongly encourage financial donations be made here online so that we can contribute financially as a chapter, however we are happy to collect physical donations as well if you decide to pick up some extra at the store or clean out your pantry! Please review the guidelines below on what they will accept.
We have three drop off locations for physical donations between now and March 31st, 2021 (Shout out to Holiday Inn Express RR and Premiere Events!) Please note, a mask will be required to enter these businesses.
1. Holiday Inn Express Round Rock - 2340 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd, Round Rock, TX 78681 (24hrs)
2. Premiere Events North Showroom - 11002-A Metric Blvd., Austin, TX 78758 (Open M-F 9am-4pm only)
3. Premiere Events South Showroom - 11810 Menchaca Rd., Austin, TX 78748 (Open M-F 9am-4pm only)
Food Donations Must Be:
- healthy, non-perishable food
- items with intact, un-opened, consumer or commercial packaging
- items with non-breakable packaging (no glass please)
- food within the expiration date on the packaging
The Most Requested Items Are:
- peanut butter
- canned chicken breast or tuna
- canned low sodium vegetables
- canned fruit in its own juice (no sugar added)
- dry pinto beans
- brown rice
- non-fat dry milk powder
- 100% whole grain cereal
If you can't donate food or money, consider donating your time by volunteering in person!